CODE OF CONDUCT
In order to make Airway Heights Parks & Recreation programs and facilities places where individuals feel welcome, comfortable, and safe, we ask all participants, members, and guests to:
- Be safe, for the benefit of yourself and everyone else
- Follow all posted rules and directions described by staff
- Use designated storage areas for personal items and pick up after yourself
- Respect the confidentiality of patrons and employees
- Respect other persons, equipment, supplies, and facilities
- Be a good role model for others, especially the youth
AND PLEASE REFRAIN FROM THE FOLLOWING
- All forms of harassment
- Taking photos or video of anyone other than yourself without their consent
- Cell phone use in locker rooms
- Inappropriate/unauthorized use of equipment
- Bringing animals (with the exception of service animals) into the building, or leaving them unattended outside
- Bringing bicycles into the building
- Defacing property (structures, land, or equipment)
- Disruptive or disorderly behavior
- Using profanity, teasing, or ridiculing others
- Offensive physical contact or harm to self or others
- Eating or drinking in non-designated areas
- Improper use of restrooms
- Leaving young children unsupervised
- Playing audio devices without using headphones
- Riding skateboards, skates, or scooters inside the building, or leaving them unattended
- Sleeping or loitering
- Smoking, vaping, and tobacco use
- Using or being under the influence of any intoxicating substance
- Solicitation, petitioning, or canvassing other than in the public right-of-way (street sidewalks)
- Parking in unauthorized areas
- Violation of any federal, state, or local statute or ordinance
Airway Heights Parks & Recreation staff reserve the right to ban or trespass any individual(s) that knowingly violate the Code of Conduct.
Facility Rules & Regulations
All participants are expected to adhere to all policies and procedures regardless of age.
- All members, day pass users, and guests must have a signed waiver on file, prior to facility use. This includes acknowledgement of the “Membership Agreement”, “Policies and Procedures”, and “Youth Participant Agreement and Release of Liability” (for those under 18)
- Follow all posted facility rules and staff instructions while in the facility
- Smoking, tobacco (chewing, dipping) use, alcohol, and vaping are prohibited in the building and within twenty-five (25) feet of all main entrances
- Responsible cell phone use is appreciated. Please refrain from loud conversations, playing music without headphones, or taking photos without consent
- Use of audio recording devices is prohibited in locker rooms
- Airway Heights Parks & Recreation does not provide towel service
- Return gym and fitness equipment to their proper locations
- No food or drink (except water or sports drinks) in gymnasium, fitness floor, or aquatic center
- Please refrain from bringing in glass containers to the facility
- Fighting, profane language, and abuse of equipment will not be tolerated
- Harassment or offensive behavior of any kind will not be tolerated. Please report any behavior you feel is inappropriate
- Not all amenities will be available to users at all times due to events, programming, classes, etc. It is the member’s responsibility to check the schedules for availability of facilities and amenities
- Changes in schedules may occur without prior notice
- Bathing suits are not permitted outside of the locker rooms or aquatic center
- Airway Heights Parks and Recreation is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged property
Locker rooms are available for those members that wish to shower after workouts or pool use as well as secure their items away while they use the facility.
- Members are strongly encouraged to bring their own lock
- Lockers are available for daily use; locks left on will be cut off at the end of the night
- Items left in lockers at the end of the night be brought to Lost and Found
The Airway Heights Recreation Center is a family friendly multi-purpose facility with the following amenities and features:
Community Lounge & Lobby
- Tables & Lounge Seating
- Pool Table, Foosball & Ping Pong
- Multi-media system
- TVs and projector
- Tables & Chairs
- Multi function layout
- Gymnasium access
- Divider wall
- Play Space
- Games and toys
- Tables & Chairs
- Divider wall
- Aquatic Center and family changing room access
- Tables & Chairs
- Six basketball hoops (4 adjustable)
- Two basketball short-courts
- Main court volleyball net
- Retractable divider curtain
- 4,100sqft Weight Room
- 30ft Cross Training Rig
- 700sqft of Indoor Turf
- 4,100sqft Cardio Floor
- Cardio & Strength Equipment
- Group Fitness Studio
- 25yd 6 Lane Lap Pool
- Warm Water Therapy Pool
- Lazy River
- Children’s Spray & Play
- Hot Tub
Family Changing and Locker Rooms
- 2 private family changing rooms
- Day use lockers
- Private Showers
Youth Facility Access:
In addition to age access all children must be at least 48″ to be in the water without an adult.
Ages 0-6 – Must have direct supervision in the water by a 14 year old
Ages 7-9 – Must have an adult with them in the Aquatic Center
Ages 10-11 – Must have an adult somewhere in the Facility
Ages 0-10 – Not Allowed on the Fitness Floor
Ages 11-13 – Must have direct supervision by a 16 year old & completed the Youth Fitness Orientation
Ages 14-18 – Must have completed the Youth Fitness Orientation
Ages 0-3 – Not allowed in the Gymnasium
Ages 3-7 – Must have direct supervision by a 16 year old
Ages 8-11 – Must have an adult somewhere in the Facility
Lobby & Lounge:
Ages 0-6 – Must have direct supervision by a parent or guardian
Ages 7-11 – Must have an adult somewhere in the Facility
Ages 3 months to 7 years
Airway Heights Parks & Recreation will not accept returns.
Airway Heights Parks & Recreation will not ship or deliver goods or services.
In the event the participant cannot participate in their registered program due to unforeseen circumstances Airway Heights Parks & Recreation will refund program fees via check from the City of Airway Heights within 5 to 10 working days of the request. Any participant initiated refunds must be requested at least three (3) working days prior to the start of the activity to receive a full refund.
Credits or refunds will not be issued for missed classes or programs.
For transactions taken with a credit or debit card, the refund will be processed on the original card the transaction was taken under.
Sometimes things don’t go as planned. For that reason, the City of Airway Heights Parks & Recreation Department reserves the right to combine, move, change, or cancel any class or activity. In such a case, we will do our best to notify all participants of the cancellation or change. Department initiated cancellations will be refunded in full via check from the City of Airway Heights or returned to the original card if the transaction was taken with a credit or debt card.
The City of Airway Heights will not sell or willingly share any information received through the registration process of its’ recreation programs collected while using CivicRec (Rec1), or its affiliated products, to any third party.
Information collected during the registration process may be given to program instructors or coaches in case of emergency. The City is, however, required to adhere to the Washington State Public Records Act, Revised Code of Washington 42.56. The City may on occasion use your information to notify you of activities/circumstances the City feels may be important to you or your family.
In accordance with applicable Federal and State law, Airway Heights Parks & Recreation Department does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, or disability. This policy applies to the operation, conduct, or and administration of community programs for youth and adults. Sponsoring organizations requesting the use of Airway Heights Parks and Recreation facilities are required to comply with this policy.
Lost and Found
Airway Heights Parks & Recreation is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
Items left unattended in the facility or left over night in a locker will be brought to the Lost and Found located at the Front Desk. If there is any personally identifiable information on or within the item, a reasonable attempt will be made to contact the owner and the item will be recorded in a log of all lost and found items.
For items lost or left in the Parks call (509)244-4001.
Items will be held for 14 days, after which time they will be discarded or handed over to the Airway Heights Police Department, depending on the value of the item discovered.