Saturday October 19th from 9:00am to 2:00pm
Fall is here and winter is right around the corner, and thatmeans it’s time to get your yard, flower beds, gardens andtrees prepared for the cold months ahead. Proper care in fall as plants go dormant for the season ensure a healthy growth and bloom in the spring. So be sure to bring your clean greenyard and garden debris down to Sunset Park, 924 S Lawson St, on Saturday October 19th. Parks & Rec Staff will be onsiteto assist residents with the proper disposal of approved items
from 9:00am to 2:00pm.
Branches and limbs less than 2 inches in diameter,leaves, pinecones, pine needles, grass clippings, thatch,
and garden vegetation.
Dirt, sod, rocks, untrimmed tree branches & limbs, plastic bags, & general household garbage.
*PROOF OF RESIDENCY REQUIRED* Water bill with photo ID.
FALL YARD, GARDEN & TREE CARE
Follow the checklist below of fall cleanup musts to prepare for the upcoming cold months. Clean out debris from garden beds
- Clean out debris from flower and shrub beds
- Till the vegetable garden
- Rake and mulch
- Give the lawn one last mow (not too short)O Aerate
- Fertilize the lawn
- Divide and cut back perennials
- Protect cold-sensitive plants
- Plant bulbs, shrubs, and fall annuals
- Prune trees and shrubs (Trim rogue branches, and uplift trees to 8ft above the sidewalk and street.)
- Clean out the gutters
- Clear the deck and store or cover patio furniture and grill
- Clean and store tools